Director of Maintenance
|Posted by||Western Canadian Aerial Ltd.|
Western Canadian Aerial Ltd. is Canada’s largest aerial application company with a fleet of 20 aircraft. We are actively growing our business across Canada and are currently looking for a Director of Maintenance to oversee our growing fleet and operations.
Western Canadian Aerial Ltd. (WCA) purchased Ken Kane Aerial Spray in 2016. The previous owner is staying on as Operations Manager and is helping the new ownership transition and grow the business.
WCA head office and maintenance facility is located in Minnedosa Manitoba, 30 mins north of Brandon Manitoba.
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for all aspects of aircraft maintenance conducted by the AMO including quality assurance and inventory control. The Director of Maintenance (DOM) will be the designated Person Responsible for Maintenance (PRM). He / she will lead the Maintenance Planning and Quality Assurance Staff to ensure continued airworthiness of all aircraft operated, managed and / or repaired through planning, directing and evaluating the company’s aircraft maintenance functions in compliance with Transport Canada requirements.
• Accountable for ensuring that Transport Canada and company regulations are adhered to at all times.
• Leads, establishes and implements effective policies, work practices and procedures with effective management.
• Ensures adherence to Transport Canada regulations for quality assurance within aircraft component repair activities, maintenance control systems and documentation, parts and materials inspection and other maintenance directives.
• Responsible for the overall management of the maintenance department.
• Coaches and mentors all maintenance staff to ensure they are kept up to date on regulations and practices
• Manages the budget along with forecasting for financial and long-term planning for the maintenance function.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary education, or equivalent technical training, with an area of focus in aviation maintenance operations and/or business. Education and knowledge in aviation operations and regulatory.
• Aerial application knowledge preferred
• Strong business acumen, demonstrated experience in strategic planning, budget preparation and forecasting is a benefit.
• Strong planning and organization skill with the ability to build systems and processes to drive operational accountabilities
• At least 10 years of experience in related field with strong knowledge of CARS
• Must possess and meet the standards set out by Transport Canada to be appointed as Person Responsible for Maintenance (PRM)
• Previous experience as the PRM of a Transport Canada 702/703/704 or 705 operators is preferred at a fix wing operation.
• Deep subject matter expertise in transport Canada regulations, aviation maintenance controls and management mechanisms
• Holds a valid AME license
• Proven problem-solving skills: Uses logic to identify and solve problems for organizational functions and/or operations
• An effective communicator, with strong verbal, written and presentation skills
• Demonstrated people and leadership skills; effectively able to influence, motivate and lead at the executive level, represent the company in interactions with business leaders and outside organizations
• Leadership: Initiates and sustains action to accomplish the goals of the organization.
• A team player who can work in a complex environment where aviation and operations work together to deliver safe, efficient service to customers.
Applicants must submit a resume in order to be considered and include proof of qualifications. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to box 1257 Minnedosa, MB R0J 1E0.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.
Return to all CAAA Classifieds